#GIRLPOWER

10:56:00 PM

GIRLS RULE. PERIOD.

Any get that first pun I just made? If you did, I love you ahahah. Anyways girls do rule, that is a proven fact. I call myself a feminist and try my hardest to prove that to anyone. Even though my friends make fun of me saying how are you a feminist when you don't know how to make anything. I can't have a boyfriend lol, I don't know how to cook, I don't know how to prepare anything, I am too lazy to tidy my room. I am a quote that says '' She believed she could, but she was too tired, so she didn't ''. Anyways, blah blah blah. I am a feminist, I am my own hero and I don't like when someone toys with my emotions. I value honesty and truth. EVEN THOUGH TRUTH HURTS. BIG TIME. WHATEVER, WHO CARES.

Coming back to the feminist topic, I really do believe girls can rule the world and we will take it over one day for sure. Girls will rule everything.



I also wanted to touch on and talk about very inspiring women in my life. They are my mom and my grandma,who have taught me everything I know and I am eternally grateful for all they have done for me. But also, apart from them, I really look up to Emma Watson, who I find such an incredible person and role model. She is so beautiful, classy, intelligent and she is not afraid to speak out and speak her mind on important subjects and matters. I am sure she charmed all of our hearts when she played the amazing, clever and brave Hermione in Harry Potter and ever since then I have looked up to her. One of the many reasons for that is because even though she was busy filming movies, she didn't want to let her school take a step back, so she went to and graduated from Brown University. Also, she used her fame, education and passion to become a UN's women ambassador and delivered an incredibly beautiful and powerful speech about her He for She campaign. She is basically real life Hermione Granger which makes her so amazing!



SONGS




MOVIES/TV SHOWS


There's never a bad time for an amazing inspiring girl power movie or TV show. These stories of friendship,love and general girl awesomeness are perfect cozy nights in, in front of  the TV with your best friends for all of you to enjoy! So here are a few of my favorites:

1. Legally Blonde - what could I say about this movie to do it justice? It is my ultimate feel-good, pick me up movie that always makes me feel better! Reese Witherspoon's portrayal of Elle Woods is just everything and I adore the message of this movie. Despite everyone's judgement and preconceptions, Elle becomes an amazing lawyer and fashionable heroine, using her brains and determination, not just beauty, for success. If you haven't seen it, you really need to, and it is honestly one of my favorites and the ultimate girl empowerment movie!

2. The Help - starring Emma Stone, one of my most favorite actresses, The Help, is a very important movie full of inspiring and self-sufficient women fighting against racism and the poor treatment of women in the Civil Right era. Very beautiful and inspirational, this movie won't leave you disappointed.

3. The Hunger Games - one of my favorite movies and book series as well! Katniss Everdeen is one of the most toughest and most understated heroines to ever grace the big screen. She becomes a symbolic icon for rebellion against the Capitol. She's natural, intelligent and brave and she stands up for people who can't. I am pretty sure you have all read, seen and loved The Hunger Games, but in case you haven't, you really should, it is a bit gory, but so amazing and inspiring.

4. Pretty Little Liars - you all know about my obsession with PLL, because I talk about it all the time and discussing new episodes is my favorite thing to do! Also, I believe it is very important for girl power because essentially, through all the horror and the horrible things they've gone through, the girls have stuck together through it all and we've seen their friendship develop and grow. Pretty Little Liars is an amazing show and I don't know how I'll cope once it's over.

5. Girls - this HBO show is so heartwarming and beautiful! It's about four girls who are all unique and flawed in their own way, going through the same daily struggles as we are. Life can be hard, but with friends like these, you can make it through just about anything. 

6. Ugly Betty - an old show which I still love and plan to rewatch once I find time. Ugly Betty is so touching and heart-warming at the same time as being incredibly funny and hilarious. Also, I love it because it proves that looks are not everything and you can make it in the world with hard work and determination. 

7. Desperate Housewives - a TV show my mom and I watched together and we both loved so much! It is all about women empowerment and it tells the story of women who are friends and neighbours and their everyday struggles and problems. So comforting and beautiful, I really loved it.



QUOTES


''Girls should never be afraid to be smart. '' Emma Watson.

'' She believed she could, so she did''

- '' And though she be but little, she is fierce'' William Shakespeare

''She needed a hero, so that's what she became''

- '' Let's laugh. Let's share. Let's sing out of tune and cheer out of sync. Let's speak out loud and listen closely. Let's break hearts and guitar strings, throw karate chops and blow kisses. Let's twirl and tumble. Let's be fearless when it comes to our future. And care less when it comes to what people say about us. Let's strive and succeed at being true to our friends and ourselves. Let's be great. And be grateful. Let's throw kindness around like confetti and wear confidence like camouflage. Let's colour in rainbow and construct a fort. Let's wear dresses or jeans. Or dresses with jeans. Let's skateboard. Let's dance. Let's be the best we can be. Let's be strong and confident. Let's not be anything else but who we are. Fun and fabulous. Weird and wonderful. Pink, blue or purple. Let's be exactly who we are are supposed to be. Individually ourselves. '' Ellen Degeneres


- Those are all the topics I wanted to cover in this post and I hope you've enjoyed it. I did not want to make it sound preachy or maybe too cheesy, but just embark a little bit of positivity and #girlpower we all sometimes need. Also, I wanted to say that no matter how cliche this may sound, all girls are amazing and stunning, and we really can do anything we want to if we just stick together, empower one another and work hard on our dreams.And finally, I hope I have not bored you enough by now, there is this quote I found on pinterest that I loved and hope to stick to. It says: '' I aspire to be an empowered women with vision and grace. Soft-hearted but strong, self-aware and sure. Respected for my mind, admired for my heart and above all always honest, open and kind. '' 

DEDICATED TO MY FRIEND ANDREA WHOSE A GIRL BOSS AND THE BEST STUDENT AT OUR UNI AND MY GIRL SOULMATE (EVEN THOUGH SHE DOESN'T BELIEVE IN THEM).


LOVE, M xxx







You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts